SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please read the following information and complete the application form if you would like your student to be seen at KinderSee. You must be a resident of Lancaster County to be seen.
We are excited to offer your child an appointment with David I. Silbert MD, FAAP at our school based health clinic, KinderSee, within George Washington Elementary School in Lancaster. When you arrive for your appointment you will need to sign in at the school’s front office and they will direct you to our clinic.
Patients are scheduled in blocks of time and will pass through many screening stations before seeing the doctor. Your appointment make take 3 hours. For your child’s first appointment you can expect:
- Natalie, our receptionist will greet you and have you verify your contact and insurance information.
- You will then be seated in our waiting area for screening.
- When it is your child’s turn they will be taken back to have special photos taken to your child’s eye alignment, ability to focus, and gives us an estimate if your child has myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism. If your child wears glasses we will also read them at this time. (Please bring their glasses to their appointment if they have a pair.)
- Your child will then go to see the technician, where they will have measurements done looking for: visual acuity at distance and near, eye alignment, depth perception, and ability to focus. We will also ask you about issues you may be noticing in your child’s vision.
- Your child will receive a set of dilating drops, which may make the vision blurry and the eyes light sensitive. These symptoms should wear off by the next morning. The eye drops take between 30-60 minutes to work. Your child may get 1 or 2 more sets. Once the eyes are dilated we will take a different picture of the eyes and the technician will check their vision one more time to see if it can be improved with glasses.
- Your child will then see the pediatric ophthalmologist, who will do additional measurements and will exam the eye from front to back. He will let you know if there are any issues with the eye alignment, if your child needs glasses, or if he finds any other problems and how they should be addressed. He will also let you know when your child should be seen again.
- You will then check out. If your child needs glasses we have a selection to choose from, and depending on your insurance, there may not be any out-of-pocket expense for the glasses. You will be given a summary of the visit and an excuse for school, if needed.
Please understand that the KinderSee clinic does not run like a typical medical practice. Because we focus just on children in a school-based setting, we are scheduled with a unique flow that allows us to see more children than we normally can in our office.
Since your first appointment will likely take at least 3 hours, please feel free to bring toys, books, ipads, etc. We do have cartoons playing to help entertain the children. You are expected to stay with your child through the entire appointment. Please complete the below application and we will process your request to see if your child qualifies for the program. You will hear back from us soon.
If your family meets or is under the listed annual incomes for your household size, your child is eligible for KinderSee. If you family exceeds this income, more information is needed. In both cases, a form will be sent to you to verify your income.
Household Size = Annual Income
1 = $23,760
2 = $32,040
3 = $40,320
4 = $48,600
5 = $56,880
6 = $65,160
7 = $73,460
8 = $81,780
For each additional person add: $8,040